Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lancegate: What will happen when he gets back?
Quote | Reply
It's become like Watergate in some ways, at least in the media sense.

What will happen when Armstrong re-enters the U.S.? How does the whole process progress and I wonder what the time line and possible various outcomes are?

Anyone on the forum familiar with such proceedings?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lancegate: What will happen when he gets back? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It's become like Watergate in some ways, at least in the media sense.

Will it be Watergate or Monicagate?
Last edited by: JollyRogers: Jul 27, 10 18:26
Quote Reply
Re: Lancegate: What will happen when he gets back? [JollyRogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He'll strike down the prosecution with the cancer of his choice, abolish the union, and start an empire, with a grand army of clones. They will be cloned as 55 year olds wearing LIVESTRONG jerseys riding Trek Madones at 15 mph.
Last edited by: furiousferret: Jul 27, 10 18:43
Quote Reply
Re: Lancegate: What will happen when he gets back? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My question is why do people care so much? He's just another athlete that may or may not have doped.

I pretty much believe that any time money is on the line, athletes are doping to get it. Hell, if I had that talent as a kid and at 16, 18, or even 20 I had money and everything thrown at me, I can't say I'd be any different. Very Very few people have that kind of self confidence and awareness at that age to make the right decision...And I really doubt anyone on this board is any different...many here are just more self rightous and arrogant about their own infallibility and superior moral compass...yeah right.

Here's how it will go.
There will be a trial.
he will be proven guilty or innocent.
Life will go on.

Quote | Reply
I think you have something there
Assholes are like opinions everyone is I mean has one
Quote Reply
Re: Lancegate: What will happen when he gets back? [BeachboyWI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People care because they like to see the mighty fall

---------------------------
"This wheel definitely beat the 808 in this test, no question, and I do commend Hed on producing a really fast wheel...the wheel is fast, I am not disputing that." - joshatzipp on the Stinger 9
My Website
HEDmafia.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a feeling that Lance will pull a Mark Mcguire if called to the stand by not saying anything. He will come off more savvy than big Mac by building up the "witch hunt" scenerio and using that and legal counsel as his reasons not to talk. He will take a black eye with most of the public, but never admit to anything. Regardless he will probably regain respect in coming years for his fight against cancer ( as he should)Just my guess anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Lancegate: What will happen when he gets back? [jayfivetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ro cancerYou are almost totally right. The only thing you got wrong was the black eye. There will be no black eye. He is not just an athlete or media figure. He has developed a cult of personality that makes him unsoiled no matter what. He is a Christ figure, because he we restricted and everyone saw the coming of the glory. The way he keeps the image amongst the true believers is like how Bush kept his. If you disagreed with Bush his supporters would say you hated the USA. If you disagree with Lance then you hate people who have dealt with cancer. He will go before some body of politicians, who don't want to be viewed as pro cancer, and they will not dig. He will walk out redeemed to a grateful mass who need heroes more then they need reality.

Did he dope? We will never really know because who needs the truth when you have a hero?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Lancegate: What will happen when he gets back? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's funny how he has already alluded to how much good he's done ( on the cancer front) when talking about this investigaion. Cancer research and racing bikes are two seperate things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the typical procedure is to throw the defendant in a river. If he floats, he was obviously doping. If he sinks, he was innocent.

-Jason
Quote | Reply
Hey! Wait just a darn minute. I won't be 55 until next year. Oh yeah, I don't have a Trek or a Livestrong jersey. Might have to work on that 15 mph thing.

Nevermind.

;-))
Quote Reply
Re: Lancegate: What will happen when he gets back? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbs, I don't know how you can say he doesn't have a black eye when everyday there is nothing but bad publicity and pointed opinion pieces all over the internet about him. Even mainstream media (ESPN) is taking him to task a bit. Don't let the facts get in your way though.

So the general public is going to tend to believe a guy that has never failed a doping protocol over accusers like Floyd Landis and Greg LeMond. Recall the circus that Floyd's hearings became as those two baffoons turned the whole thing into a fucking episode of Law and Order. Its pretty easy for the casual observer to fall down on the side of Lance when those two idiots are involved. People don't understand the science especially when the science has failed so many times before. Reasonable doubt is always going to exist for the casual observer and that ISN'T the fault of the general public.

I can't figure you out Tibbs. Did LA bang your sister during his first retirement? You seem so bitter and angry, why even care? You feel the need to respond to nearly every Lance post to make sure your dislike of him is clear. All you are really doing is making him more relevant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In my opinion, nothing. They will spend a lot of money and get nowhere. The way I think about it is - if you were Lance, and you had tons and tons of money at your disposal, and Floyd had the ability to bring everything crashing down, wouldn't you just give him a spot on Team Radioshack? If that was all he had to do to keep Floyd quiet, and Floyd really has all this evidence that can hurt Lance, I think he would have let him ride for Radioshack, or paid him off. So, it seems to me that Lance must be fairly confident that Floyd's accusations aren't going to get anywhere to take that kind of a chance.
Quote Reply
Re: Lancegate: What will happen when he gets back? [cptrigeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So when Lance was whooping mark allen, dave scott, tinley, and molina and he was only age 15-16.....was he doping then as well.

...I am pretty sure his mom worked at KFC

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: Lancegate: What will happen when he gets back? [WiBigHeader] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who said he's coming back.
He's the next Roman Polanski.
Minus the ludes and drunken 14 year old girl.
Igot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My question is why do people care so much? He's just another athlete that may or may not have doped.

Someone mentioned MonicaGate above. No one really cared if Bill fooled around or not, but when he shook his finger at the public and called other people liars, he crossed the line and people wanted to see Bill go down (metaphorically speaking).

Same with Lance, most reasonable people acknowledge there is a doping problem in cycling and since Lance is cycling, it would actually not be such a suprise or big sin if he doped. But when you start calling accusers liars and put yourself on a pedestal, if it turns out he is the one lying, folks will be lining up for a good car crash.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, remember this my friend.....

Many people will be questioned. Screws will be put to them to tell the truth in ways they've never faced before.

As a result, details of Lance's (alleged) doping will be described by these people.

These details will leak to the public.

Articles and books will be written by these people as interest grows.

There will likely be no trial.

Lance will be destroyed.

I've said for years now; "As soon as Lance's ex-teammates and associates leave the sport and have nothing to lose in terms of a cycling career (Landis), the stories will be told."

Michael Jackson and Barry Bonds were never convicted. How did things work out for them?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"That night I had a dream. I dreamt I was as light as the ether."
Quote Reply
Re: Lancegate: What will happen when he gets back? [jasondubose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think the typical procedure is to throw the defendant in a river. If he floats, he was obviously doping. If he sinks, he was innocent.

Who are you, so wise in the ways of Science?

Steve

http://www.PeaksCoachingGroup.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lancegate: What will happen when he gets back? [WiBigHeader] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So when Lance was whooping mark allen, dave scott, tinley, and molina and he was only age 15-16.....was he doping then as well.

...I am pretty sure his mom worked at KFC

No kidding! Haters gonna hate.

-Jason
Quote | Reply
Surely Nike was convinced of his innocence before airing this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIl5RxhLZ5U
Quote Reply
Re: Lancegate: What will happen when he gets back? [Tiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OR he will lead the charge for a huge groups of cyclists to come clean together and still be a hero......only LeMond will be left saying he never doped and he will suddenly look like the biggest crook of all and he and Tibbs will be more angry than ever.

The whole thing will look like a bad opera with Tibbs, LeMond and Landis committing mass suicide at the end.
Quote Reply
Re: Lancegate: What will happen when he gets back? [saltman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lance will deny till he dies. The Clemens way:

http://www.gq.com/...g-doping-controversy
Quote Reply
Re: Lancegate: What will happen when he gets back? [Tiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Valid point. That is a shame in my opinion, and I don't count myself as a Lance "fan".

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lancegate: What will happen when he gets back? [sdmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Someone mentioned MonicaGate above. No one really cared if Bill fooled around or not, but when he shook his finger at the public and called other people liars, he crossed the line and people wanted to see Bill go down (metaphorically speaking).

Same with Lance, most reasonable people acknowledge there is a doping problem in cycling and since Lance is cycling, it would actually not be such a suprise or big sin if he doped. But when you start calling accusers liars and put yourself on a pedestal, if it turns out he is the one lying, folks will be lining up for a good car crash.

Umm, my memory is fuzzy. What hardships did Bill Clinton suffer as a result of "MonicaGate"

It's coming back now...NONE!

Bobby Jones

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That is a shame in my opinion,

We have plenty of room in our culture for heroes, famous or not.

You have to sit in the hole you dig for yourself. We are our actions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"That night I had a dream. I dreamt I was as light as the ether."
Quote Reply

Prev Next