Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Updated post- race: Keep an eye out for my Look 565, please....
Quote | Reply
If you're squeemish, I suggest that you avert your eyes... A few hours ago, during my tune up ride before heading to Oceanside for the California 70.3, I stopped in at the Sports Basement in San Francisco for a few last minute purchases. I rope-locked the race bike to the railing in front of the store. It wasn't there when I came out.

I think we can all agree that I'm an idiot. I won't try to defend what I was thinking.

Nevertheless, if anyone notices someone trying to sell a size small Look 565 (2006, black with silver logos) with Zipp 404s (with a powertap wheel, but no head unit) Vision base bar, Hed aero bars, Dura Ace shifters and rear derailleur, Black Aero Rotor Rings (brand new, just got em a few days ago -- loved 'em, btw) FSA K Force Carbon Cranks, Look Carbon Keo Pedals, Profile Design Tri Seat and a Thomson Forward Seat Post, I'd love to hear about it. Here's what it looked like:

I alerted some of the local LBSs, but realistically, it'll probably be broken down and sold on Craig's list or Ebay.

So I'll be spending tomorrow trying to jigger my old Litespeed Tuscany into a tri-bike. If anyone knows a well stocked tri shop where I can find a base and aero bars, a steep-drop stem and bar end shifters in short order in the Bay Area or So Cal, I'd love to hear about it.

As bummed as I am about the bike, that little IM bike check sticker is what I'll really miss. That sticker inspired some hard workouts.

Thanks for keeping an eye out.

Stephen
Last edited by: Stevie K: Mar 31, 08 22:08
Quote Reply
Re: Keep an eye out for my Look 565, please.... [Stevie K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sucks about the bike, but look at the profile H2O stem for steep drop and cheap.

good luck

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump. Hope it works out, man.

---
Fragile time can't be laid to rest. Fragile time can lead you to the grave or fragile time can start eternity. -Norma Jean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
double bump, that sucks...best of luck
-k
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any serial numbers? worth posting those, if you've got them.

-charles
Quote Reply
Re: Keep an eye out for my Look 565, please.... [newbz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
sucks about the bike, but look at the profile H2O stem for steep drop and cheap.

good luck
Thanks for the tip, Newbz.

Stephen
Last edited by: Stevie K: Mar 27, 08 16:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any businesses have front door security cameras that may have caught the heist? Might be worthwhile to check.
Quote Reply
Re: Keep an eye out for my Look 565, please.... [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
any serial numbers? worth posting those, if you've got them.

-charles

Stephen
Last edited by: Stevie K: Mar 27, 08 16:22
Quote Reply
Re: Keep an eye out for my Look 565, please.... [nairb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Any businesses have front door security cameras that may have caught the heist? Might be worthwhile to check.

Stephen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IF you need good stock go to Nytro. I wouldn't let them touch your bike though. If you need help assembling and want to buy parts check out BL in Solana Beach. Hi-tech is also very decent but a bit further south. Sorry about the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man that really sucks. I'll keep an eye out and good luck at Oceanside!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stephen,

I am really sorry for your loss, it happens to the best of us. I would like to help you out though. As it were, I work for LOOK Cycle USA. Feel free to contact me. 866 430 5665 x111

Thanks
Chris Wehan

LOOK Cycle USA
Quote Reply
Re: Keep an eye out for my Look 565, please.... [sailnfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Man that really sucks. I'll keep an eye out and good luck at Oceanside!

Thanks, I appreciate it. And I'll need the luck since I'll be riding my wife's road bike with clip ons. :)

Stephen
Last edited by: Stevie K: Mar 27, 08 16:26
Quote Reply
Re: Keep an eye out for my Look 565, please.... [TRIA3SM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
IF you need good stock go to Nytro. I wouldn't let them touch your bike though. If you need help assembling and want to buy parts check out BL in Solana Beach. Hi-tech is also very decent but a bit further south. Sorry about the bike.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice.

Stephen
Last edited by: Stevie K: Mar 27, 08 16:28
Quote Reply
Re: Keep an eye out for my Look 565, please.... [cwehan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Stephen,

I am really sorry for your loss, it happens to the best of us. I would like to help you out though. As it were, I work for LOOK Cycle USA. Feel free to contact me. 866 430 5665 x111

Thanks
Chris Wehan

It's nice to know that Look is as interested in its customers as it is in building really special bikes. Thanks, Chris.

Stephen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about the bike.

The little sticker may actually end up helping you. A few months ago, I visited a local "reseller" (http://www.bikerescue.org/) but didn't buy anything because I wasn't convinced the bike wasn't hot. The reason? It had an IMC bike check sticker. A month later there was a report on the news about the "reseller" being a scam. I still had the photos I'd taken that day and was able to use google to locate the previous owner of the bike. I called her and she confirmed that the bike had, in fact, been stolen. (Sorry, after sending my pics and info to the police, I'm not sure how it ended)

There are a lot of idiot thieves out there who don't know that those bike check stickers are like little ID cards. It took me less than 10min on the internet to get a business phone number for the gal who owned that bike.

Here's hoping that someone is able to help you out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stephen
Sorry that really sucks. Don't beat yourself up over it, we all make quick pit stops...wrong place wrong time(:

Good luck in Oside.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How tall are you?

I have a Specialized Transition with Zipp 404s I can loan you down here in La Jolla. It's size Medium but can fit pretty easily to a lot of size differences.

It's ready to ride if you need it.

Call me at: 408.607.5448 if needed or message me here.
Quote Reply
Re: Keep an eye out for my Look 565, please.... [cwehan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Stephen,

Thanks
Chris Wehan
Stephen, that totally sucks...I've been know to do some pretty bone head things, just try to forget about it and have a good race this weekend.

Chris-
I've always been drawn to the line of Look tri bikes, customer service like this won't be forgotten. Nice work!

Travis
www.dumbfocus.com
Quote Reply
Re: Keep an eye out for my Look 565, please.... [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
How tall are you?

I have a Specialized Transition with Zipp 404s I can loan you down here in La Jolla. It's size Medium but can fit pretty easily to a lot of size differences.

It's ready to ride if you need it.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the offers for help. The people on this board are phenomenal.

As for the bike, I'm not a whole lot bigger than my wife, so I've more or less fit myself onto my wife's Bianchi road bike with aero bars. It will be interesting to see how that affects my bike split. But it's all just good times for this early season race.

Thanks again. Seriously.

Stephen
Last edited by: Stevie K: Mar 28, 08 10:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope your bike set up work out for you. If you need any help down here in SD, let me know. I have couple of bikes we could posibly set you up on.... and if you need anything else, parts wise,,let me know!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, after half of the folks at slowtwitch offered their assistance to get me to the start line at the Cali 70.3, I wound up with so many options that I spent too much time considering what to do and finally had to simplify my plan. I wound up riding my wife's bike, which is a road bike with clip-ons, longer cranks and about 2 cm's too little head tube. Naturally, I rode a PB. I'm hoping it's because I'm stronger this year and not because I'm best suited to ride a road bike with clip ons and longer cranks.

Thanks again to everyone who went out of their way to help me out.

Stephen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL...congrats! Lemon Aid!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nicely done, stephen. good luck getting a new bike!

also, nice to see that i chose wisely when i purchased a look steed two years ago.
Quote Reply