Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM Florida Finman

we've had ironman, tinman, silverman, musselman, and now finman ;-)

let's talk about the finman. the thread on finman that's been going for the past three quarters of a day has gotten more and more uncomfortable, at least for me. accordingly, i've parked that thread away from public view. yes, we've got photographic evidence. still, i think the best arbiters of who cheated and how and what the outcome ought to be is north american sports or it's usa triathlon. they'll do the investigation and if and when a judgment is rendered -- or if no punitive action is taken -- whatever you want to say about this is fine with me (subject to what i'll write below).

if you want to repost the pic of a guy with fins, facing away from the camera, that's fine. post it here on this thread. but, no names, no bib numbers, nothing that identifies the person. let's wait until USAT or NAS has something to say about the person, at which point you may commence your commentary here with the person being "outed" by an organization tasked with the job of a proper investigation.

please, do not post a pic of that fellow facing the camera, and please do not post anything that identifies him -- not until he's formally banned or sanctioned. and, if nobody is in fact banned or sanctioned and you want to write about the injustice of that, fine, but i'd not like the man identified unless and until he's deemed to have broken rules according to NAS, WTC or USAT. thanks in advance for your understanding.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Re: IM Florida Finman [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

innocent until proven guilty?

novel concept.

mckenzie

Exhibit A:

Re: IM Florida Finman [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]

maybe he is running to give the fins to the other fellow in the QR wetsuit :D

by the way, i don't mind you posting a front facing view of the person. but only if he's got his fins in his hand.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Re: IM Florida Finman [idk] [ In reply to ]

I really need to grow up, but I'm laughing my ass off with that pic....

Frankly, I don't think you should have a cardiac arrest over this douchebag...

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)

saw the post earlier today.

i'd have to say- if given the choice to swimg with fins or without fins for the 2.4 miles, i'd probably go without. Those large flippers would pretty much trash my legs for the remainder of the event... :(

- jeff

goals, personal:
- under same username post st rr of Kona m80-84ag mop, tail end of the dopers finish
- shoot age from tips on par 72
- beat SuperDave in one-on-one
all within single wk- Viva Chopin, Fryderyk; Faulk, Peter; Helmsley, Sherman; Palillo, Ron; Rogers, Fred McFeely; Sanford, John Elroy; Snuka, Jimmy- and the water bottle isn't half fuller on the other side

Re: IM Florida Finman [Francois] [ In reply to ]

One thing that truly has surprised me about this whole debacle. There wasn't any debate over whether those are the fastest fins to use!! Maybe his first loop would have been faster with zoomers or split fins or maybe those Positive Drive ones??

Re: IM Florida Finman [nujeff] [ In reply to ]

In Reply To:
saw the post earlier today.

i'd have to say- if given the choice to swimg with fins or without fins for the 2.4 miles, i'd probably go without. Those large flippers would pretty much trash my legs for the remainder of the event... :(

- jeff
Well cheating requires training too. You'd have to do some cheating specific open water swims using fins before you'd feel comfortable cheating with them in a race. Since he's a coach maybe he could give you some pointers.

well...his fins are too high for sure.

In Reply To:
well...his fins are too high for sure.[/quote] fin height is fine, but they belong in the wetsuit, not outside... Duh!

goals, personal:
- under same username post st rr of Kona m80-84ag mop, tail end of the dopers finish
all within single wk- Viva Chopin, Fryderyk; Faulk, Peter; Helmsley, Sherman; Palillo, Ron; Rogers, Fred McFeely; Sanford, John Elroy; Snuka, Jimmy- and the water bottle isn't half fuller on the other side

Fin is an acronym for 'fucking in'?

i really feel sorry for the guy. not that he would or wouldn't get away with it- just that he would try to get away with it. and now that he is being held up to such public scrutiny.. i guess it is just one of those very unfortunate lessons in life..

goals, personal:
Last edited by: nujeff: Nov 5, 08 15:50

In Reply To:
i really feel sorry for the guy. not that he would or wouldn't get away with it- just that he would try to get away with it. and now that he is being held up to such public scrutiny.. i guess it is just one of those very unfortunate lessons in life..

Dude, this is only Slowtwitch's triathlon forum. This is not "public scrutiny". 95% or more of the people he knows have never heard of this place, I've no doubt. Very few people with whom I associate know anything about this forum (and, no, not because they're in prison).

All that research, down the tubes. Sigh.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"

Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: IM Florida Finman [eganski] [ In reply to ]

In Reply To:
I really need to grow up, but I'm laughing my ass off with that pic....

[x] this thread delivers
[x] crying from laughter

----------
Fortitudine Vincimus

The guy most likely has no toes or something like that and he has permission.

I've seen guys with hand paddles and pullbouys and they are usually cleared with the RD to use them.

Even at Singapore 70.3 you could cut the swim in half and still do the race.

Yeah one he still hasn't learned.
Dude, don't feel sorry for him. That is what its supposed to be....very uncomfortable.
And at his age, he obviously hasn't learned many lessons or he wouldn't
be so brazen about cheating. Only an ignorant person (someone who doesn't know any better)
would think that its OK to use fins and then he would ask someone for confirmation as to
it being allowed. No, this guy looks like the real deal...a cheater, so don't minimize his actions!!

Re: IM Florida Finman [TheRock] [ In reply to ]

In Reply To:
The guy most likely has no toes or something like that and he has permission.

I've seen guys with hand paddles and pullbouys and they are usually cleared with the RD to use them.

Even at Singapore 70.3 you could cut the swim in half and still do the race.
Oh don't say that. Now he'll go and cut off all his toes just to make us all feel bad about making fun of him.

Good call, Dan. Fair enough. I know I was getting out of hand with it.

Re: IM Florida Finman [Epiclesis] [ In reply to ]

First post. I'm new to this forum, but have perused it for over a year now. This is the funniest/most pathetic thread I have ever read....multi-headed thread actually because a couple of the earlier threads have been removed to protect the not-yet-guilty I suppose. Thanks for tearful laughter.

If said Finman is in fact "guilty," then what happens next to this cat? Ban? Sanction? New pair of Force Fins? Motor for the bike?

Just curious.

In Reply To:
Exhibit A:

All I see here, is someone running offshore, probably being a gentleman; and trying to return the fins to the individual who dropped them.

....................nahhh, sorry; I just cant type that with a straight face. Sorry..........I did try though.

persequetur vestra metas furiose

I doubt NAS would have not bothered at all and they would not have even blinked if it weren't for those threads read by a fair number of people who do participate in NAS events.
Fact is they knew about the guy cheating and he still shows up in results more than a day later (or is for the matter of fact still on results from the past years).

If it weren't for Slowtwitch and the "out cry" of people who actually pay entry fees for a RACE and not a ridiculous show, NAS would not bother at all.

It is called "sweeping it under the GREEN carpet".

Prev Next