Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Fi'zi:k ad in Triathlete Mag
Quote | Reply
I thought for sure someone else would bring this up.....

If you've seen the Fi'zi:k ad in the swimsuit issue, care to share your thoughts? Not sure what they were going for, but I have to admit I found it slightly disturbing. Am I the only one who thinks that Ms Wellington does not look healthy? Kinda scary actually.

I know they are all fabulous athletes. Kind of curious why they were portrayed in this manner. Am I missing something? Maybe I'm just to old to "get" an edge-y ad? Dunno....

G

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla.........you don't stop when you're tired.........you stop when the gorilla is tired.
Quote Reply
Re: Fi'zi:k ad in Triathlete Mag [gleveq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm more concerned about Crowie sort of half hugging Greg Bennet while he shyly looks away… i'm just saying…

And gawd dayam is Matt Reed tall!

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: Fi'zi:k ad in Triathlete Mag [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That, too. Like I said, the whole thing was vaguely disturbing.

G

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla.........you don't stop when you're tired.........you stop when the gorilla is tired.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not very flattering for any of them.

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any pics? are they up on the internet yet, i haven't seen the magazine in any of my local book stores/grocery stores.

Making Triathlon Great Again
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tim DeBoom looks like he has the fire back in his eyes...

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what page

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Confused Fitness Addict -- Biker first, Nutrition second, everything else third.
Quote Reply
Re: Fi'zi:k ad in Triathlete Mag [idle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right at the end of the swimsuit section. Double full page spread.

Unflattering is the nicest way to describe it IMO. Seriously, not sure what they were going for.

G

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any pics online? i read the magazine, but dont remember
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Other than the odd look on her face, I thought Ms Wellington looked great! I just thought it was a cool, out of the box concept that worked in the swimsuit issue...

“It doesn't matter what you do tomorrow and it doesn't matter what you did yesterday. It's about today, and making today count.” – Rappstar 11.22.09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Fi'zi:k ad in Triathlete Mag [missinglink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couldn't find any online, sorry.

G

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What month? My latest is May that I just picked up, haven't had a chance to read it much yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's an add in the last Inside Triathlon magazine. I guess it was the same photo shoot; and Wellington does NOT look healthy at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Fi'zi:k ad in Triathlete Mag [Maui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its the Ethiopian Endurance formula... As the body goes into starvation mode, endorphins are released. If you are more than 1% body fat, you are just increasing drag.
Quote Reply
Re: Fi'zi:k ad in Triathlete Mag [Maui5150] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mmmm... So... Have you thought about changing your screen name? People might get confused....
....Just saying... :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
mmmm... So... Have you thought about changing your screen name? People might get confused....
....Just saying... :)

LOL Doubt that... Confusing me with anyone else is like confusing a brick s&*(t house with the Eifel Tower...

Just saying...

[edit] and to be clear... I am comparing myself to the brick s&*(t house...
Last edited by: Maui5150: May 12, 10 19:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ms. Wellington was 2 lanes over from me today, along with her entourage...M. Caferae (sp?), Julie Diebens, a guy who I think was Justin Granger (not sure), then there were 4 or 5 other pros with them but must have been low-end pros compared to the mentioned otherwise I would have recognized them. ANYHOW, when Chrissy got out of the pool I was aqua jogging at the time after my swim (it snowed so took the easy route & ran indoors/pool)...finally, to the point: she didn't look normal or healthy. Can't quite put my finger on it but she looked vastly different than the others. Julie Diebens looked about as close to this "abnormal" skin description as I can come up with. Almost "plastic-like" look. Maybe the fact they're world champions & at the top of their sport? Maybe their body fat is so low it alters their look? I felt "chubby" & "soft" after seeing these gals. Then again, that's probably not too far off the mark, which would explain my results lately.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i'm more concerned about Crowie sort of half hugging Greg Bennet while he shyly looks away… i'm just saying…

In Reply To:
Tim DeBoom looks like he has the fire back in his eyes...

Tim's not stood behind the pair of them is he?
Quote Reply
Re: Fi'zi:k ad in Triathlete Mag [missinglink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, disturbing is the word I would use too.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell
Quote Reply
Re: Fi'zi:k ad in Triathlete Mag [stitchboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yes, disturbing is the word I would use too.

I think it is an awesome photo and it looks like Lisa Bentley is about to get some girl-on-girl action?

Quote Reply
Re: Fi'zi:k ad in Triathlete Mag [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Throws Chrissie a bone. The look on her face reminds me of a homeless hungry puppy dog.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's no worse than what Calvin Klein has been putting out there for 30 years.

I can't criticize them as athletes, they're all capable of handing most of us our asses (in Triathlon) :)
Quote Reply
Re: Fi'zi:k ad in Triathlete Mag [Kikuchiyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 - makes me want to buy a saddle ..... not
2 - I am glad I canceled my subscription a few months ago
3 - Why not have Wellington smile for gods sake!

---------------------------
"This wheel definitely beat the 808 in this test, no question, and I do commend Hed on producing a really fast wheel...the wheel is fast, I am not disputing that." - joshatzipp on the Stinger 9
My Website
HEDmafia.com
Quote Reply
Re: Fi'zi:k ad in Triathlete Mag [Kikuchiyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It's no worse than what Calvin Klein has been putting out there for 30 years.

I can't criticize them as athletes, they're all capable of handing most of us our asses (in Triathlon) :)

Calvin Klein?

I was thinking they are just one awkward pairing away from an Abercrombie & Fitch ad.
Quote Reply

Prev Next