Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Aegis Bicycle's still in Business?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know what is going on at Aegis Bicycle Factory in Maine (http://www.aegisbicycles.com/contact.html)? I called their Customer Service Phone Number and a recording says it has been disconnected? So, I have sent them an email and have not received any response... Does anyone have any information as to what is going on with this company in Maine. Are they going out of business? Are they being purchased? Or should I just go out and buy a New Frame From Another Manufacture? I love the ride of my T2, but it is need of some warranty repair and I'm unable to send it in... Any information you could pass on would be great, Thank You
Quote Reply
Re: Aegis Bicycle's still in Business? [ironjim140.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did see some of their stuff on ebay from time to time sold by them. I would not get to worried yet there probably on winter hiatus (skiing) for a week or two.

Quote | Reply
I reside and race in Maine (though hardly ever get as far up north as Van Buren), and from what I know they are alive and well. Don't give up quite yet. The issue about their phone number being disconnected showed up here on ST a few months ago (run a search). If I remember correctly someone from the company replied to say that they were experiencing some server/phone system issues but that they were in business. (The phone system story is plausible; the whole telecoms situation has been a mess in Maine recently, with Verizon pulling out and the new operator leaving tons of people literally stranded without any service, especially in remote parts like up north).
Quote Reply
Re: Aegis Bicycle's still in Business? [Milano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
(The phone system story is plausible; the whole telecoms situation has been a mess in Maine recently, with Verizon pulling out and the new operator leaving tons of people literally stranded without any service, especially in remote parts like up north).

Hi from up north :P

no idea on Aegis' status.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Aegis Bicycle's still in Business? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
(The phone system story is plausible; the whole telecoms situation has been a mess in Maine recently, with Verizon pulling out and the new operator leaving tons of people literally stranded without any service, especially in remote parts like up north).

Hi from up north :P

no idea on Aegis' status.
Orono is not up north. The County, now that's up north.
Quote Reply
Re: Aegis Bicycle's still in Business? [leggett24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is north enough for my tastes! It's north(west) of where I was this morning.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, I'm in Bar Harbor Maine- Acadia Nat'l Park. According to the Bicycle Coalition of Maine and a contact I made with an employee of Aegis, "they are in the process of being bought out locally from Pete". Basically, the grass roots of Van Buren ME are associated with this buyout and transition that is happening this winter. There will be better communication and outreach for support of these "high end machines" that will hopefully distance the lack of continuity of late. I will be riding one this summer so I'm relatively sure they're good to go...
Quote Reply
Re: Aegis Bicycle's still in Business? [RHetzer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love riding my Aegis Aro Svelte. I just cleaned her earlier today too.

=======================================
http://inlinethumb57.webshots.com/...06989S600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb31.webshots.com/...06989S600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb28.webshots.com/...06989S600x600Q85.jpg
Quote Reply
Post deleted by forestparker [ In reply to ]
Re: Aegis Bicycle's still in Business? [forestparker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck!
Sounds like the company is in good hands.

Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very happy to hear this. I love my Victory, and it's great to be able to ride something built in my home state. Best of luck to you, and I look forward to seeing what Aegis does in the future.

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Robert-that is great news, glad Aegis will be with us still...a great company and even better products. The Aro Svelte is one of the sweetest rides ever.

Please keep us updated on the status of Aegis and I hope the website will be updated asap with proper contacts, emails, phone, etc. It was very frustrating to get no replies from a company that prides itself on customer satisfaction.

Steve
Tucson, AZ

Steve Bohn
Quote Reply
Re: Aegis Bicycle's still in Business? [snsbohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck Robert

i would love to become a dealer when you are ready, i have a small shop in Sarasota Florida
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hello this is Robert the future owner of Aegis. I am in the process of buying the Aegis company, the closing should be around February 15. And we should open shortly after. With all those people that have your frames still at the shop we will contact you within a couple weeks. We are sorry for all of your inconvenience.

Thank You,
Robert
Hey Robert,

The time is near if not already passed. Good luck with the acquisition. Let us all know when you are up and running!!

Bill
Quote Reply
Post deleted by forestparker [ In reply to ]
Re: Aegis Bicycle's still in Business? [bidaci] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Robert, I'm glad to hear you will be taking over such a great bike building company. By now you should have closed the deal. Do you know when you will be open for business? Thank You Very Much and Congratulations, IronJim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems any negative posts about Aegis are being deleted. For the record, I did not write anything in my previous post that was not true. I'll try again:

What recourse, if any, will there be for customers that have paid in full, but never received their items? Anybody have any advice?
Quote Reply
Re: Aegis Bicycle's still in Business? [Iwantmystuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"It seems any negative posts about Aegis are being deleted"

what is being deleted is a post that, in my view, is inflammatory in its construction, alleging things that are not provable, at least not today on this forum board. references were made to "banker thieves" and a person that is "mentally unstable" i think those terms of art are best published elsewhere, not on slowtwitch. this post in question was posted twice, it was deleted twice, and the fruit of those posts -- including your response -- was deleted, because if i don't delete the responses to deleted posts then they just sit there and confuse people.

you might want to read about korbel winery suing those who've anonymously written allegedly defamatory posts on craigslist. you guys ought to be careful what you write. again, it's not you that i'm referring to, i just struck from public view that entire conversation that, in my view, had gone awry.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Aegis Bicycle's still in Business? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wondered if you read that article about Korbel I sent you. Those guys don't mess around...you should have seen how they handled the French over use of the word "Champange" for a non French product. BTW, Korbel is the beautiful place you pass on River Road during the first few miles of the Vineman race.
Quote Reply
Re: Aegis Bicycle's still in Business? [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, i read that article. this is just one of many such lawsuits that have been filed and will be filed. i spend a lot of time protecting slowtwitchers from themselves. those most frequently in need of such protection see my intervening as censorship, and my way of keeping the world from reading the truth. the object of the truth (the person or company about whom the truth is written) usually has a different version of events, which they may want to tell in court, as you and your $400/hr lawyer sit on the other side of the room listening.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
but sometimes the folks doing the suing for libel don't do so well.

mcdonalds sued a few protesters for libel, and ... lost (story covered in the documentary, 'mclibel')

in this case, the courts verified that the protesters were on the side of that oh-so-slippery commodity, truth. so suing for libel can be a double-edged sword, and a sharp one at that.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Aegis Bicycle's still in Business? [GregX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"sometimes the folks doing the suing for libel don't do so well."

you have to ask yourself whether you would be "doing well" during the proceedings. i doubt those folks were having a good time. if mcdonalds were suing me, i'd be white-knuckling it until the jury came back with its verdict, a process that is many months, or years, long. even then, one wonders whether defense costs are covered by one's comprehensive personal liability rider to one's homeowner's policy. if not, then you'd better get attorneys' fees awarded you by the court, and this is by no means automatic if you win. the defendants may have won the battle but lost the war. in any case, it's no fun being hauled into court. if you're considering posting something on the edge, my advice is to twice, exhale three times, and only then post.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
totally understood.

but if you ever take a look at the flick, you'll see that both the defendants and mcdonalds got a wild ride in the escapade ...

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it Slowman, thanks. I agree with you on that previous post and I tried not to let the full extent of my contempt out on your forum - that's not who I am. After searching the internet for any bit of info on Aegis, I came across this thread. I know I am grasping at straws here; however, I hope my frustration is understood. I guess I just have to hope for the best.
Quote Reply

Prev Next