MAIN INDEX RULES & LEGEND LOG IN  

Slowtwitch Forums: Triathlon Forum:
18 yr old girls in men's locker room?!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All  

shady

Jan 26, 08 12:28

Post #1 of 41 (8413 views)
18 yr old girls in men's locker room?! Quote | Reply

Is it just me or does that sound a little too old to still be doing that?

True story...several years back as I was exiting the shower at the local university I rounded a corner and almost ran smack dab into two young ladies making their way through the men's locker area. Don't know where the hell they were headed but they were with two young men and all four were conversing in what sounded to me like an Eastern European language?? The conversation was animated and they seemed to barely notice the some 20 to 30 other (naked/semi-naked)men in the large locker room. Neither lady appeared to be the least bit fazed to be in there and like I said I don't know where they ended up but they left several stunned and slack-jawed fellas in their wake.

So co-ed change rooms. A 'cultural thing' maybe ?? .....

Kids need to be on their bikes ripping around, getting dirty, falling down, and getting up
~ Lance Armstrong

mcdoublee

Jan 26, 08 12:29

Post #2 of 41 (8394 views)
Re: 18 yr old girls in men's locker room?! [shady] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

god I love europeans

islandman

Jan 26, 08 12:33

Post #3 of 41 (8375 views)

LOL! - there you have it - europeans don't care much about gender. ;)

------------------------------
Another IM in 2014 - hopefully..

TriBriGuy

Jan 26, 08 12:59

Post #4 of 41 (8274 views)

Cultural...

Get out and see the world...it'll open your mind!

AmZof Lemming! Target AmZof SC 2013!

NamssoB

Jan 26, 08 13:05

Post #5 of 41 (8248 views)

How much video equipment were they carrying? ;-)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

TriMarine

Jan 26, 08 13:08

Post #6 of 41 (8235 views)

You know what they say "pictures or it didn't happen"

http://www.facebook.com/ReconFoundationTeam
http://www.facebook.com/MarineReconFoundation
http://www.reconfoundation.org

jcweb80

Jan 26, 08 13:45

Post #7 of 41 (8121 views)
Re: 18 yr old girls in men's locker room?! [TriMarine] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Shouldn't this post have started out with "Dear Penthouse Forum"...

blavelle

Jan 26, 08 14:13

Post #8 of 41 (8016 views)
Re: 18 yr old girls in men's locker room?! [jcweb80] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

reminds me of my trip to Germany and I didn't quite get the whole co-ed bathroom thing they've got going on over there. I walked in and there was a girl standing there so I was like "uh oh!" but then a guy walked out of a stall.

Robroo

Jan 26, 08 14:24

Post #9 of 41 (7971 views)

I was kinda expecting this to be a spin off of the other 'locker room' thread.

There was a girl at work from Turkey, that used the mens locker room for about 6 months before someone told her she shouldn't.. haha. Its definitely gotta be a European thing.

Paul Smeulders

Jan 26, 08 15:30

Post #10 of 41 (7837 views)
Re: 18 yr old girls in men's locker room?! [Robroo] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Quote:
There was a girl at work from Turkey, that used the mens locker room for about 6 months before someone told her she shouldn't.. haha.
And now please tell us the fate of that "someone".

What a killjoy.

Smelly.

ErgVideo.com

TheDC

Jan 26, 08 16:58

Post #11 of 41 (7654 views)

If you were in Eastern Europe those 20-30 other men could have actually just been old women. Did they all have wispy white beards?

-------------------------------------
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (1937-2005)

italiostallio

Jan 26, 08 16:59

Post #12 of 41 (7646 views)
Re: 18 yr old girls in men's locker room?! [blavelle] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

I went to Germany with my parents as a kid skiing , and on top of the mountain resort there was this beautiful german blonde with her tits out.She was gorgeous
I've been a breast man ever since....

msuguy512

Jan 26, 08 17:56

Post #13 of 41 (7543 views)

The women like to take their tops off at the beach down here, its terrible! :D

paulthomas

Jan 26, 08 18:13

Post #14 of 41 (7494 views)
Re: 18 yr old girls in men's locker room?! [msuguy512] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

I am curious to see what the age limit should be for a male to be in the women's locker room at Frog's (Solona Beach) weekedays around 7pm (right after yoga gets out)? After putting some thought into it, I say 39. Next year, I think they should lift it to 40!

christian1

Jan 26, 08 18:41

Post #15 of 41 (7420 views)

I was picking my stuff up from the Gatorade swim at IMOO last year when I had a similiar experience. Two guys speaking German (?) stripped down buck naked right off John Nolen Drive and changed from swim trunks to run shorts without skipping a beat in their conversation. Usually I wouldn't think this to be very far off base for Madison, but they were from out of town so how were they to know this was the norm :)

chris

"You can quit, and no one will care if you do. But you will know."
~John Collins, Ironman founder

Member HED Mafia

BIGZACH

Jan 26, 08 20:14

Post #16 of 41 (7222 views)
Re: 18 yr old girls in men's locker room?! [christian1] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

dude...I think I was sitting on the little bleacher area there when this was going on...I wish their german girlfriends would have done something similar

http://www.zachruble.com

christian1

Jan 27, 08 4:53

Post #17 of 41 (6962 views)
Re: 18 yr old girls in men's locker room?! [BIGZACH] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

yep, that is right where it took place.

chris

"You can quit, and no one will care if you do. But you will know."
~John Collins, Ironman founder

Member HED Mafia

Milano

Jan 27, 08 9:20

Post #18 of 41 (6759 views)

I've lived and studied in the States for over 10 years now, with a year here and there in other countries too, so I am fully aware and respect that different places have different customs. I wouldn't be able to live abroad if I did not respect them. However, and please do not take this comment personally (I beg you), I find comments like yours symptomatic of what seems to me more and more like a fact: that the U.S. is unbelievably conservative... Even liberal Americans accept things that would land them at the far right where I am from. (NOT being able to drink beer on the street??? NOT having universal health coverage??? GOD in the presidential oath???)

I am from the Czech Rep., and while our pools and gyms have separate locker rooms, the presence of an adult female (member of pool staff, for instance) in the male shower area and vice versa doesn't faze anyone, at least not in my perception and based on my past experience. It happened to me many times, it happened to others I know, and we find it unremarkable. This doesn't mean that such occurrences are predominant, or that they are governed by no social protocol. Taking pictures, touching, etc. is obviously off-limits -- but what's wrong with just passing through, or just changing into your clothes, etc.? And why automatically assume that people doing the latter intend to do the former? Nudity is not perceived as immoral in itself, nor does it automatically connote sex, as seems to be the case in the U.S. That your remark concerns a locker room situation is quite appropriate, since locker rooms is where I am most acutely made aware of the difference. At home, when I meet up with friends and acquaintances for a co-ed soccer game, for instance, we all sometimes end up changing in the same room after the game (there's only one shed, it's raining, nobody wants to wait for the other sex to change first). In the States, I am nearly certain that walking into a room full of nude/changing females and proceeding to change myself would land me in jail. This seems perverse to me, like a lot of unwarranted bad faith. Actually, it seems illiberal -- a completely ad hoc check on my freedoms. The same goes for drinking beer on the street, etc. Every society does some quiet policing, but there seems to be an awful lot of it exactly in the one nation that likes to regard itself as the beacon of liberty in the world.

Chances are that your comment would be viewed as somewhat odd and intolerant where I'm from, possibly as coming from someone raised in a deeply religious setting. Nonetheless, you have every right to make it and to feel the way you do about the issue in question. I'd only ask that you keep in mind people like myself -- who view the issue differently -- and maybe relax a little if the episode you describe happens to you again. Ask yourself why you're upset, and realize that you are not under any threat save perhaps from your own upbringing, nationality, and culture broadly defined. We all live under such threats. They become visible when you go to live abroad for a longer stretch of time.

Jocke

Jan 27, 08 10:03

Post #19 of 41 (6682 views)
Re: 18 yr old girls in men's locker room?! [Krtek] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

"...but there seems to be an awful lot of it exactly in the one nation that likes to regard itself as the beacon of liberty in the world."

Wow! I think you just committed suicide on this forum!

As a Swede i think itīs funny to hear the stories about how polar bears roam the streets, that we like to be naked all the time and that our cheese and watches are great b/c people think Sweden and Switzerland are the same country :-D

shady

Jan 27, 08 10:16

Post #20 of 41 (6652 views)

"However, and please do not take this comment personally (I beg you), I find comments like yours symptomatic of what seems to me more and more like a fact: that the U.S. is unbelievably conservative"

Please don't take this rebuttal personally (I beg you), but I AM CANADIAN not American. We are a small neighbour to the North of the great US of A.

"Chances are that your comment would be viewed as somewhat odd and intolerant where I'm from, possibly as coming from someone raised in a deeply religious setting"

Hmmm...I've never been to church

"and maybe relax a little if the episode you describe happens to you again. Ask yourself why you're upset"

Hell, who's upset?!...I was more upset that these to young ladies never even glanced at me sideways. Here I am,a 24 yearold buck naked guy, a tanned and buff 6'2", 200lbs and I don't even get a glance??? What the hell??...I mean the university had paid it's hot water bill so I had no reason to feel self-conscious and they still just walk by me. It's taken me 10 years to get over it....:)

Kids need to be on their bikes ripping around, getting dirty, falling down, and getting up
~ Lance Armstrong

RBR

Jan 27, 08 11:08

Post #21 of 41 (6568 views)

How about men in the women's shower?

If that is ok, do you know of any nice places to stay at in your area? :)

frenchfried

Jan 27, 08 11:19

Post #22 of 41 (6544 views)
Re: 18 yr old girls in men's locker room?! [RBR] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

here in France we always have men in the female showers-I keep telling them that i am really getting to old for this! You gotta love a country that makes it mandatory to wear speedos.

Milano

Jan 27, 08 11:41

Post #23 of 41 (6490 views)
Re: 18 yr old girls in men's locker room?! [RBR] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

In Reply To:
How about men in the women's shower?

If that is ok, do you know of any nice places to stay at in your area? :)

Yes, what I said applies both ways -- for both sexes. I do not have as much experience with women's showers, though, since where separate facilities exist I go to men's. (When I was a kid, separate facilities were a luxury; the country was still under communism and athletic stadiums etc. were very basic.)

I did take a shower in an open-stall facility once where the rest of the showerheads were taken up by females only; I got there first, and then two women's volleyball teams swamped the place after their match had ended. Some of the girls knew me -- my girlfriend was on one of the teams -- and started teasing me that they'll tell her I was misbehavin' with them. Then she walked into the shower too, saw me there, said (independently of them) "Are you misbehavin'?", at which point we all started laughing.

But you see, this is what's so difficult for me to explain: it wasn't really any kind of erotic experience. If you saw things the way I and the girls did/do, you wouldn't find it worth the trip...

couchweight

Jan 27, 08 11:50

Post #24 of 41 (6472 views)
Re: 18 yr old girls in men's locker room?! [paulthomas] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

I've been debating joining frogs and getting back in the gym a day or two a week. You might just swayed me.

last tri in 83

Jan 27, 08 11:55

Post #25 of 41 (6459 views)

If the womens volleyball team jumped in the shower with me it would be an erotic experience (at least for me).

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All  

Your Racing Helmet
What helmet brand do you anticipate most often using while racing in triathlons?
Giro
Rudy Project
Specialized
Louis Garneau
Lazer
Bell
Kask
Casco
Other