Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Advice - New P2/P3 sizing and geometry
Quote | Reply
Looking for advice from those that are 'in the know' about such things. I"m 5'9" and comfortably ride most 54cm road frames with little to no spacers under stem. My inseam in 30" and I have good flexibility.

A recent RETUL fit session had me pretty easily in a somewhat agressive 'flat-back' position with 90deg angle at elbows.

Apologize as I don't have Stack/Reach numbers from that RETUL session.

Looking for fit advice on the new P2/P3 frames. Should I be looking at 54cm or 51cm framesets.

Lastly, and this is why I've posted this in the Classifieds forum, I'm looking to purchase an appropriately sized P2/P3 Cervelo frameset or full bike. Looking at Ultegra componentry and above.

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Advice - New P2/P3 sizing and geometry [ericv2013] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you really need to know what pad stack and reach you want to achieve. if 30" really is your inseam(I doubt it) and your back really does get flat, you might need a 48 and not one of the other 2 sizes in the latest versions. you cant know without knowing what pad stack and reach you want.

the other large issue with that is what bars you want to use. bar choice will also have a large impact on the frame size as some have a lot more stack than others.
Last edited by: jeffp: Dec 21, 14 7:57
Quote Reply
Re: Advice - New P2/P3 sizing and geometry [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me see if I can find pad stack/reach from recent RETUL fit.

Yes, 30" is my inseam.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like handlebar stack and reach are as follows...pad stack/reach wasn't measured directly.

Stack: 596
Reach: 497

So??? Thoughts???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the RETUL session, FRAME stack and reach (at that time) were as follows. Seems that Cervelo doesn't publish Pad Stack/Reach numbers, only (what I assume) are Frame Stack/Reach...

anyways, here are the stack/reach numbers from my frame at that time:

Frame Stack: 509
Frame Reach: 430

Doesn't look like I fit into a size nice and neatly. Based on Cervelo's geometry chart, I'd slot into a size 51 based on the Stack measurement and a size 56 (!) based on Reach measurement...so the quesiton remains...based on these measurements, is there any advice out there on which size to target?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First of all, don't worry about frame stack and reach. Pad stack and reach are more important. Then figure out the stack and reach of your choice aerobar and work backwards to find the best frame size.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are you saying pad stack and reach is more or less that this

if using something like a vuka stealth, if the 596 was correct for pad stack, you would be 3mm too high on the 51 if you used no headset cap. 506+93=599

these numbers don't seem to fit with a flat back at 5-9, esp if saddle height is set for someone with 30" inseam.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know what to say to the doubters. I have pictures from the session. My back is within a few small degrees of being flat and my inseam is 30".

...sigh, nevermind. If I could delete the question I would.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it really a minimum stack of 93 for the vuka stealth? The vuka fit has gotten as low as I think 69 mm for me if I remember right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Either way Idc about if your back is flat or not. I'm more concerned that you didn't get pad stack and reach from your retul. That is literally two pieces of the most critical information from that whole session. Other than that, saddle height and setback is all you should need.

Sure its not on the paper somewhere?
Quote Reply
Re: Advice - New P2/P3 sizing and geometry [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
all I recall from running the stealth fit online was that even with a 48cm frame I could not get quite as low as with a 54 and aduro

hence comments about pad stack and reach(to which you agree)

OP...saddle height? maybe post all your retul numbers and diagram on the tri forum. you will get a lot mor ehelp there, Dan may even chime in.
Quote Reply