Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Free - Rolf Vector 700c wheelset - some conditions [One-K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update: breakfast ran over, so the brakes did not get shipped. I did go to performance bike and they gave me a box to ship the wheels in - so here's a huge shout out to the guys wrenching on bikes in performance store on westheimer/hillcroft in Houston. Even those dudes are contributing to this project!

So, unfortunately, stuff won't ship from me until next Saturday.
Quote Reply
Re: Free - Rolf Vector 700c wheelset - some conditions [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update: wheels and breaks going in the mail tomorrow. Iknoweverything, check your PM.
Quote Reply
Re: Free - Rolf Vector 700c wheelset - some conditions [Train] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazing effort! Congrats for getting people together to help build this bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone! I was on vacation for the last week so I haven't talked to Sean or seen if any of the stuff has arrived, but I think everyone contacted me to let me know the stuff was shipped/being shipped. I'll update once everything arrives and the bike is complete!

Re: Free - Rolf Vector 700c wheelset - some conditions [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, the wheels have been shipped; and as agreed, a 105 brake set was also included as other ST members are contributing to this little project.

Funny story: the UPS guy and I were shooting the breeze while he was ringing me up... I explained the box was going to a member of Coast Guard who wanted to start cycling and had a new baby. I explained that a bunch of people from around the country (who didn't know the guy) were just shipping him all kinds of parts so he could build up a bike. The UPS guy started talking about good karma. Next thing I know, the guy enters a code in the system and 5% gets knocked off the shipping charge.

So there you go. We've got a bunch of STers sending Sean gear, the guys from Performance Bike contributed with the box to ship wheels, and now even the local UPS guy contributed to the ST build-a-bike project. To me, there is something incredibly awesome about a bunch of people coming together and doing something like this - even though we don't know Sean and he has not asked us to do this.

Iknoweverything, keep us posted what you hear!
Quote Reply
Re: Free - Rolf Vector 700c wheelset - some conditions [One-K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One-K, thanks for contributing to this!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy to send a BB30 Crankset if needed.

Trimax. Used for a year then upgraded. Let me know if still needed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey everyone! Sorry for the long delay! It turns out the stuff had all arrived, but Sean was switched to one of the night shifts so his schedule never linked up with the supply guys - we made sure that worked out once we figured it out of course!

I'll have Sean write a message out to everyone, but he wanted to convey how grateful he is - and how excited he is to get the bike together and ridden!

Thank you to everyone who contributed - it definitely means a lot not just to Sean, but to me as well that everyone would reach out and help a complete stranger pursue the sport we all love. You guys (and gals) are awesome.

I'll be helping him put the bike together sometime in the next few weeks and I'll make sure to post pictures!

Quote | Reply
Probably one of the coolest things I've heard be done in a long while! Pretty incredible. You all are awesome!
Quote Reply

Prev Next