Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2006 Toyota United Pro Cycling Team Complete Bike - Easton Scandium/Dura-Ace
Quote | Reply
I purchased this bike directly from Sean Tucker, the owner of Toyota United Pro Cycling, after the team lost their sponsor and disbanded. This was one of their spare bikes that had never been assembled. I just had it professionally assembled on Jan 29, 2011, and have ridden it for a total of 17 miles. It's in pristine condition and of course rides like a dream, super fast. As you can see from the pictures, the only thing on the bike that does not look showroom new are the tires with a little dust on them from the 17 mile ride. Not only is it a great bike, but also could be a collector's piece from one of the greatest US pro cycling teams. It is a limited edition with only 115 bikes being made. So there's a pretty good chance you will not see anybody else riding the same bike you are at your next event.

I'm selling because I want to get a tri bike. I may be interested in a trade if you have a tri bike you are wanting to get rid of.

Size - 54 cm
It has a custom Easton Scandium frame made for the Toyota United team, with carbon rear seatstays and a carbon fork. It's built with Dura-Ace 7800 gruppo, Easton wheelset, stem, seatpost and handlebars.

The bike weighed in at 16.8 lbs with the pedals as shown, but the pedals do NOT come with the bike.

Here is a link to a bunch more detail pictures:
http://s183.photobucket.com/...cling%20Team%20Bike/

Price: $1900 with free professional shipping to continental US. This is several hundred less than what I paid for it.

Specs
Frame: 54 cm United Bicycle Easton Scandium main triangle with Easton CNT carbon stays
Fork: Easton EC90SL
Cranks: Shimano Dura-Ace FC-7800, 172.5mm, 39/53
Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace
Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace FD-7800
Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace RD-7800
Brakes: Shimano Dura-Ace BR-7800
Levers: Shimano Dura-Ace ST-7800
Bar: Easton EC90 Equipe Pro
Wheels: Easton Orion II
Tires: Vittoria Rubino Pro
Stem: Easton EC70
Seatpost: Easton EC90
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Gel Flow
Bottle cages: Arundel Trident carbon

For a little background, here is a link to a write-up on Antonio Cruz's Toyota United team issue bike in 2006.
http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/...probikes/united_cruz

Please ask if you have any questions.

When running on the street, if your gum accidentally flies out of your mouth, it's no big deal. But if you lose your gum while running on a treadmill, you're gonna have to dodge that thing like 1800 more times, depending on how many more miles you have to go. Trust me on this one.
Last edited by: DiamondJaxx: Mar 3, 11 20:15
Quote Reply
Re: 2006 Toyota United Pro Cycling Team Complete Bike - Easton Scandium/Dura-Ace [DiamondJaxx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Price drop to $2000 with free shipping.

When running on the street, if your gum accidentally flies out of your mouth, it's no big deal. But if you lose your gum while running on a treadmill, you're gonna have to dodge that thing like 1800 more times, depending on how many more miles you have to go. Trust me on this one.
Quote Reply
Re: 2006 Toyota United Pro Cycling Team Complete Bike - Easton Scandium/Dura-Ace [DiamondJaxx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Price dropped to $1900 with free shipping to Continental US.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also have one of these bikes that I am selling. If anyone out there wants to buy it please make an offer. It has probably only been ridden 100 miles, and I'm no longer into racing, so it is time to sell.

thanks,
Jen
Quote Reply
Re: 2006 Toyota United Pro Cycling Team Complete Bike - Easton Scandium/Dura-Ace [JenSavDan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to all readers, JenSavDan is a new user. first post. i'll leave up the post, but you-all have repeatedly voted to keep the rules in place: can't post in the classifieds until the user has established a working relationship here in the community. you all have decided this adds a measure of comfort to the transactions.

accordingly, while in all likelihood JenSavDan is straight-up, be aware he/she has not gone through the usual steps earning the right to post a classified transaction.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: 2006 Toyota United Pro Cycling Team Complete Bike - Easton Scandium/Dura-Ace [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry everyone! didn't realize I was breaking the norms - I just found this old thread when googling information and thought this group might be interested in my bike.

apologies!
Quote Reply
Re: 2006 Toyota United Pro Cycling Team Complete Bike - Easton Scandium/Dura-Ace [JenSavDan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are not vetted. Answer the following:

Where do you stand on Tri-Equal and their push for equal slots for M/F professionals at Kona?
What is your CdA?
How do you feel about cyclists "taking a lane" in CA to avoid a possible obstacle?
Should Lance be allowed to race in triathlons?
Do you have a T TUE?
How do you feel about massages for participants on a race course?

This should get the vetting ball rolling for you. Good luck on your sale. Free bump. =)

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Re: 2006 Toyota United Pro Cycling Team Complete Bike - Easton Scandium/Dura-Ace [TriBrad02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, I have been out of it for a while. not even sure what these all mean. But I'm not afraid to render an opinion -

Where do you stand on Tri-Equal and their push for equal slots for M/F professionals at Kona?
--> no idea about the ramifications of this, but gender equality is worthwhile in all aspects of society, so i'd say yes, equal slots.
What is your CdA?
--> ?
How do you feel about cyclists "taking a lane" in CA to avoid a possible obstacle?
--> anything that makes cycling safer.

Should Lance be allowed to race in triathlons?
--> as an age grouper
Do you have a T TUE?
--> ?

How do you feel about massages for participants on a race course?

--> I like massages. when i used to race a lot I never had the patience to wait in line after the race for one, but I enjoy a good afternoon at the spa as much as the next girl.

thanks for the bump! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What size is it?
Quote Reply
Re: 2006 Toyota United Pro Cycling Team Complete Bike - Easton Scandium/Dura-Ace [bthomas515] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it is a 52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this is a very old post, but am interested in the bike. Let me know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did you sell your bike?
Quote Reply
Re: 2006 Toyota United Pro Cycling Team Complete Bike - Easton Scandium/Dura-Ace [bobsez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi - just saw this come through. I still have it, and would love to sell!
Quote Reply
Re: 2006 Toyota United Pro Cycling Team Complete Bike - Easton Scandium/Dura-Ace [bobsez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still have, would love to sell it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could you send an email update on the bike, pictures, mileage, specs etc. - bobsallis@shaw.ca
Quote Reply